Eco Water Bottles In Scotland | Burns Night ‘23
Burns Night is a traditional Scottish holiday celebrated on January 25th to honour the poet Robert Burns on his birthday. It is a night most often celebrated gathered with friends and family to enjoy a traditional Scottish meal, most often consisting of haggis (a savoury pudding made up of vegetables and sheep stomach, heart, liver, or lungs), neeps (swedes or turnips), and tatties (potatoes!)
The eco-friendly S’wheat reusable water bottle is perfect for any occasion, whether you require wholesale water bottles for branded event merchandise, or sustainable corporate gifts, or just a new water bottle for travel or the gym.
S’wheat’s eco water bottles were designed in and inspired by Scottish nature, and so we don’t want to miss out on a chance to celebrate our traditions – however, for those who are conscious of their own impact on the environment and consumption of animal products, the traditional meal we associate with Burns Night won’t be so appealing. Fortunately, there are plenty of plant-based practices to celebrate that won’t exclude any vegetarians, vegans, or eco-conscious individuals.
S’wheat’s sustainable bottles are lightweight and durable, yet sustainable and stylish. Choose your own from a choice of four colours, or we can offer bespoke wholesale water bottles that come with the option of custom colours and printing to fit your exact branding – enquire about our co-branding here.
- One of the biggest challenges of a vegan or sustainable Burns Night is finding an alternative to the traditional haggis. Fortunately, there are now many vegan meat substitutes available, made from ingredients such as lentils, mushrooms, and oats. These plant-based haggis options are not only cruelty-free, but they also have a far lower environmental impact than typical haggis. For those who wish to partake in the traditional meal of animal products but still hold concern for their personal effect on the planet, opt for organic, locally sourced meats as opposed to highly processed foods packaged in plastic.
For those looking for a quick and simple head start to reducing their carbon footprint and plastic consumption, the reusable S’wheat bottle is made from plant-based materials and uses just one sixteenth of the energy used to produce a stainless steel water bottle! This is ideal for anyone looking to reduce their environmental impact, whether as a gift for yourself, employees, or even branded event merchandise – check out our co-branding case studies to see how we can help you and your company reach your sustainability goals.
- Another traditional aspect of Burns Night is the whisky! To make your Burns Night more eco-friendly, consider choosing a whisky from a net zero distillery that sources its ingredients locally. Be sure to also keep an eye out for any hidden animal by-products – luckily, the vast majority of whiskeys are 100% vegan, but some may contain by-products such as honey, so it’s worth checking.
Our plant-based materials of bamboo and wheat are some of the most resilient plants you can get. They are highly resistant to infection and damage from pests, and rarely become harmed in adverse weather conditions. This means that we don’t need to worry about the contamination from harmful pesticides and chemical fertilisers, allowing us to produce a reusable bottle that is entirely natural. Fun fact about wheat and bamboo: during photosynthesis, these plants absorb more carbon from the air than they emit, making them one of the most sustainable options we could have chosen.
- Consider using reusable dishes if you’re planning to celebrate at home, but for any outdoor celebrations, biodegradable and recyclable plates and utensils should be found easily online or in store. Just be sure to dispose of them properly if necessary! As for drinks, S’wheat’s eco water bottles are naturally insulated and suitable for both hot and cold drinks, so whatever your tipple of choice is, it can be enjoyed wherever you go.
In addition to the natural eco thermal wall that keeps drinks hot or cold, these sustainable bottles are designed with easy cleaning in mind, which is why our antibacterial bottles also feature leakproof dual opening, making it one of the most practical and versatile reusable bottles yet.
- Finally, Burns Night is a time for friends and family to gather and enjoy each other's company. At-home celebrations as opposed to a meal out can not only save money, but eliminate the need for transportation and allow you to create your own earth-friendly food and entertainment. Sure, fireworks can be a nice touch to any celebration, but they contain an array of chemical compounds that release greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, and nitrogen dioxide. These have been known to contaminate the air when burned, and even when disposed of can continue to poison the ocean and soil as fireworks and sparklers are not recyclable or biodegradable.
The S’wheat reusable bottle is made from bioplastics, which are natural, plant-based materials that mimic the structure of plastic, though can biodegrade in a composting site without the inclusion of chemicals such as BPA and melamine. S’wheat never uses any of these toxins or chemicals in our products. These eco water bottles are made from waste wheat straw and bamboo that is generally burned or discarded by farmers.
- Bonfires are not an unusual occurrence during Burns Night considering Januarys in Scotland aren’t known particularly for their warm weather! Unfortunately, bonfires produce smoke similar to wildfire smoke, releasing greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. Even aside from the detrimental effects on the planet, there are numerous health issues linked to this that particularly affect those who suffer with respiratory issues and cardiovascular health problems. Especially never burn other items such as garden and household waste on the bonfire as these can end up polluting the air, ocean, and earth. Dry and untreated wood, paper, and cardboard can be burnt with minimal effects in comparison to other materials, so if you must go ahead with your own bonfire, keep this in mind. Another way to avoid extra emissions is to attend a large organised bonfire or fireworks display.
S’wheat reusable water bottle in 'Blue'
About the S’wheat bottle:
✓ Suitable for both hot & cold drinks
✓ Made from waste materials
✓ Lightweight & durable
✓ 550ML Capacity
✓ Dual opening + easy to clean
✓ Suitable for coeliacs/gluten free diets
✓ Multi-purpose carry handle
✓ Free from melamine, BPA and toxins
What makes S’wheat perfect for wholesale?
✓ Branded events merchandise will leave a lasting impression on potential clients
✓ Minimises your plastic consumption and decreases company carbon footprint
✓ Each bottle funds the planting of a unique trackable native tree
✓ Provides an environmental impact report
✓ Sustainable corporate gifts that will appeal to all
✓ Affordable + effective branded event merchandising
Leave a comment